Horse racing is a sport that has horses and their riders as competitors or participants. It typically takes place on flat courses or over hurdles with betting on the potential outcomes.
It is one of the most prestigious sports worldwide that has fans following the 2021 sporting calendar throughout the season. We shall look at a few of them as follows:
1. Oaklawn Horse Racing Schedule 2021
According to a schedule that has been rolled out, Oaklawn has a program of over 57 dates that will commence on the 22nd of January to the 1st of May. The season is expected to be the first with an ontrack hotel (part of the major construction projects that includes expanding the track’s casino).
Traditionally, Oaklawn has four-point races for the Kentucky Derby:
1. The $150000 smarty jones with a mile set that is set for 22nd January
2. The Grade, $750000 southwest stakes which are to take place on the 15th of February
3. The Grade 2 Rebel that will take place on the 13th of March
4. The Grade 1 Arkansas Derby that is scheduled for 10th of April
The Arkansas Derby will be part of the south’s annual Racing Festival, which will run over consecutive Saturdays in an unexpected twist. The festivals will open on the 3rd of April and close on the 17th of April with the Grade 2 Oaklawn Handicap at 1 1/8 miles and the Grade 1 Apple Blossom that will be more than 1 1/16 miles
2. Kentucky Horse Racing Schedule 2021
The 2021 race meet will feature six days, while for the first time, racing will be on both the Sunday and Monday of labor. It is the second year that the Kentucky Downs has been approved to have a six-date meet. Some of the race dates that were approved by the commission are as follows:
The Turfway park
1st of January -28th march, Thursday to Sunday although Thursdays have the optional mark
1st April- 23rd April, Wednesday-Sunday
8th October-30th October, Wednesday-Sunday
27th June-1st September, all on Mondays except Thursdays
3. British Horse Racing Schedule 2021
- 29th July, Thursday will take place in Newcastle
- 5th August, Thursday taking place in Doncaster
- 12th August, Thursday scheduled for Lingfield
- 19th August, Thursday to take place in Royal Windsor
- 26th August, Thursday taking place in Lingfield
- 2nd September, Thursday to take place in Newcastle
4. Irish Horse Racing Schedule 2021
As per the Fixtures that Horse Racing Ireland released, the number of fixtures will increase from 370-380; consequently, there would also be an increase of the seven turf fixtures to an actual number 339, the number of all-weather track fixtures will also increase by three. The 2021 fixture reverted to the original 2020 schedule with only a retained number of blank Sundays to ease pressure on the stable staff and the trainers.
The board recognizes the uncertain times that are being faced; that’s why they produced a fixture that will run all through the year so that the planners can be given humble time to plan.
The Irish Horse Racing Schedule will be:
- 6th -7th February: The Dublin Racing Festival
- 3rd -5th April: Cork Easter
- 27th -1st April: Punchestown National Hunt
- 9th -11th May: Killarney spring
- 22nd -23rd May: Curragh Guineas
- 18th -19th June: Down Royal Ulster Derby
- 13th -14th November: Punchestown November Winter Racing
- 26th -29th December: Limerick Christmas
5. Australian Horse Racing Schedule 2021
The Australian Turf Club released race dates for the 2020/21 season with over 110 fixtures that are to be held across four Sydney Metropolitan racecourses and the supporting venues.
Summer racing that crescendos with the Inglis Millennium Day and will then move to Royal Randwick and be held on the 6th of February.
In the autumn, the pinnacle of this period, the Sydney carnival will kick off on 13th March to 17th of the following month.
The biggest day of Group One racing is the Golden Slipper held on the 20th of March with five races.
Lastly, the Longines Queen Elizabeth stakes the championship’s headline race, which will take place on the 3rd and end on the 4th of April.